THE COUNTER® CUSTOM BUILT BURGERS EXPANDS TO MALAYSIA
BIG AND SPACIOUS LIKE U.S OF A!
Diners Encouraged to Get Creative at the New Build-Your-Own-Burger Restaurant in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
EVEN THE SERVER LOOKS DELICIOUS...
The Counter® Custom Built Burgers—the premium build-your-own-burger restaurant—opens its first location in Malaysia’s trendy Bukit Bintang district this month.
In addition to offering a burger for every lifestyle with over a million possible combinations, The Counter® also serves a wide selection of bold signature burgers and burger bowls, flavorful side dishes and milkshakes, all featuring quality ingredients.
YUMMY OR WHAT!
The Counter® features “burgers with a conscience,” using naturally raised, hormone and antibiotic-free beef, all-natural chicken and turkey, ahi tuna, and a house-made vegan/veggie burger for their burger and salad style burger bowls.
At The Counter®, guests creatively construct their burgers by selecting from the following options using a checklist-style menu:
- Step #1 - Choose a Burger: Pick a protein
- Step #2 - Choose a Cheese: Choose from a variety of imported and domestic cheeses including Danish blue cheese, Greek feta, horseradish cheddar, jalapeno jack, gruyère and soft ripened brie
- Step #3 - Choose a Sauce: Top it off with one of our unique sauces including Korean BBQ, spicy sour cream, sweet sriracha, basil pesto, chipotle aioli, peanut sauce, tzatziki or sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
- Step #4 - Choose a Topping: Select from several toppings including crushed peanuts, sautéed mushrooms, sliced avocado, , homemade chili, carrot strings, dill pickle chips, dried cranberries, grilled pineapple, roasted corn & black bean salsa, beef bacon, fried egg, avocado and spicy pepperoncini
- Step #5 - Choose a Bun: Put it all between a choice of artisan-baked buns like brioche style, ciabatta, pretzel bun and English muffin – or in a bowl over a bed of organic mixed greens or lettuce blend.
- Step #6 - Choose a Side: Don’t forget to add shoestring fries, crispy onion strings, quinoa salad, housemade chili or grilled vegetable skewers too
Located on the Dining Loft on Level 7 at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur (168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100), The Counter® restaurant occupies 3,335 square feet and seats a total of 160 guests. Additional features include external seating for 32, and a view of the Petronas Twin Towers.
"We are proud to bring this exciting brand to Malaysia,” said Kevin Rogers, Director of Operations for Cap Hospitality, a subsidiary of Em-Cap Partners Pte. Ltd. “We are avid fans of The Counter® and believe that everyone in Malaysia will have fun building and enjoying their own delicious burgers.”
“We’re excited to introduce The Counter® to Malaysia and to see how the palates across the globe will take advantage of our build-your-own options,” said Craig Albert, co-CEO of The Counter®.
About The Counter®
Founded in 2003, The Counter®’s mission was to challenge the traditional burger joint and the Culver City, California-based brand grew into more than 40 stores.
The Counter® offers a fresh, unconventional approach to creating the ultimate burger, offering over a million possible burger combinations with a choice from seven proteins, 16 cheeses, 45 toppings, 23 unique sauces and eight types of buns.
The Counter® offers a full-service, casual dining experience in an inviting space with industrial décor and upbeat music.
There are currently over 40 locations in the United States – including two airport locations, along with another airport location opening in Terminal Two at the Los Angeles International Airport.
In addition there are four international locations in Ireland, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. For more information, visit thecounterburger.com.
In 2013, The Counter® launched BUILT® by The Counter®, which serves the same premium, customizable burgers and burgers-in-a-bowl made famous at The Counter® but in a fast casual environment. There are currently four locations: Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco and San Diego. For additional information on BUILT®, visit builtcustomburgers.com.