Monday, August 19, 2013

CAMDEN TOWN IN ACTION

KEE@FSWMAG.COM
CAMDEN TOWN OR CAMDEN MARKET AS IT IS COMMONLY KNOWN, IS LONDON'S MUST-GO, MUST-SEE, MUST-BUY-SOMETHING WEEKEND MARKET.

With over 1,000 shops, stands and stalls, there is something for everyone so be forewarned.

I always tell myself not to buy anymore but just go to Camden to walk, browse and eat but it is easier said than done. In fact, it is impossible as far as I am concerned.

I have bought enough clothes, statuettes, bling, souvenirs, knick-knacks, shoes, accessories and gimcracks and more clothes over the decades to fill a department store yet I continue to follow the adage 'the best way to fight temptation is to submit'!

Each time I visit Camden, I bring an empty backpack as I know it will be full or at least three-quarters full by the time I take the Tube back to my hotel.

Anyway, Camden is so photogenic it is worth a day's outing as my Leica proves!

 Just in case you didn't realise where you are, this huge sign will remind you of the location

 Things are larger than life here, just look at the plane and shoe and pants below







I love this t-shirt though of course this does not apply in good old Malaysia!






















 Oops, an accident














 The kid can enter the horse's nostril



 Princesses for a day








 This kid is being watched by his grandfather







 This is straight out from the Victorian age but is brand new to mimick bygone times


 Kee Hua Chee's skeleton pants caused a sensation in Camden Market as you can imagine










 The motorbike is probably for sale too











 Dato Tiffanee Lim checks out the shoes called Irregular Choice! I discovered this shop and introduced it to Dato Tiffanee who bought 4  pairs



 Kee Hua Chee and Dato Tiffanee Lim are just regular folks at Irregular Choice!

No comments: