Tuesday, August 27, 2013

DRIEVLIET IS THE BEST THEME PARK IN THE HAGUE AND WE SPENT HALF A DAY THERE! PLUS A REUNION WITH CLAUDIA DU JARDIN OVER DINNER!

KEE@FSWMAG.COM
DRIEVLIET IS THE BEST AND MOST FUN THEME PARK IN THE HAGUE AND A MERE 15 MINUTES DRIVE FROM THE HOUSE OF MICHAEL MANTZ. YET IT SEEMS LIKE AN HOUR'S DRIVE AWAY!

The entrance resembles a Roman villa facade which I think is odd as it is too elegant and majestic for a theme park.

The size is just nice as I always think Disneyland is too big and impossible to enjoy all the rides in one day. As it is, Drievliet has just enough rides to complete in 7 hours.

You should arrive by 10 am or 10.30 am and stay till 5.30 pm when it closes. Then you can really take your time and try all the rides. 

We arrived around 10.40 am and left at 3.15 pm. I tried all the main rides but still missed out a few! I really wanted to check out 5D cinema but forgot as we left.

The entry tickets is quite pricey at RM 85 per adult and child over 1 metre. It doesn't matter how old your kid is but if he or she is over 1 metre, then the fare is RM 85.

However, those over 55 years old pays cheaper. Instead of 20.50 euros, it is 15.50 euros so it is around RM 23 cheaper.

The many rides offer almost all the thrills and spills found in Disneyland and major theme parks but the waiting time is much shorter---10 minutes or 15 mins max! In Disneyland Paris, I once waited 55 minutes to ride Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom which lasted 3 minutes!

I really enjoyed Drievliet park as I felt like in control. In Disneyland and huge parks, the sheer size makes me exhausted as there are too many things to see and do and the nagging and well founded fear is that I can never do the rounds in one day! Being very 'kiasu' this freaks me out as I want to see, do, try and enjoy every ride!


Entrance is like Roman facade with stately pillars

Michael Mantz, Gloria and Daniel


That's Michael and Daniel
Michael and Daniel
Daniel and Michael Mantz

Kee Hua Chee takes a solo ride
Nice sunshiny day
The Octopus was really scary and puke-inducing
I rode the Octopus and felt like vomiting but my stomach was empty so Thank God
Fun, fun, fun

Gloria and Michael Mantz
Sensationally and scary ride
I love this ride

Michael Mantz and Gloria




Daniel Mantz enjoying ride with me

Water fountain

Nice


I did not try this ride!
I must do this next time
This also I missed!!!!





Daniel and Gloria

Haunted House
Gloria and father
Godfather and godson


This one I tried and rather nice but slow!

Inside Haunted House
Daniel and Kee Hua Chee frightened out of their wits
Gloria

Kee Hua Chee and Gloria Mantz on a tulip ride

Water chute is really fun






Bird's eye view of park



Water chute was really fun and I didn't get wet either


Spectacular splash

This bird quite fearless
The bird is still there
Daniel and Michael Mantz

Daniel Mantz getting ready for the Water Chute ride











Magic mirrors

















Daniel climbing
Gloria can really climb!





















Kee Hua Chee and admirers

Daniel Mantz and Kee Hua Chee

The Miners' Train was explosive





I love the real ivy growing inside the cafe


Gloria in bad mood


Wise ass kid
Gloria ready to call it a day

AT 4 PM AN ANCIENT FRIEND FROM KL'S TIN MINE DAYS DROVE 1.45 HOURS FROM SOUTHERN HOLLAND TO VISIT ME!
 Claudia Du Jardin and Kee Hua Chee reunite at Michael Mantz's house! They met in KL a thousand years ago!
 Still looking good!

 On way to dinner at Fratelli's in Kertstraat







 Inside Fratelli's 2
 Princess Dr Becky Leogardo bought us dinner at Fratelli's 2



 The church
 Kertstraat

 The bricks shone scarlet at dusk!







1 comment:

Cloggy said...

Reminiscing with Kee and some tea. Acknowledging how time flies and life goes on.*;) Thank you all so much for a lovely few hours. Enjoy the rest of your stay in The Netherlands. Hope to catch up with you soon ancient friend, before extinction. Do not forget to visit the south some time. Ciao for now Clau