Friday, January 3, 2014

CHAT WITH HOTROD STAR RYAN REYNOLDS WITHOUT EX-WIFE SCARLETT JOHANSSON AND PRESENT WIFE BLAKE LIVELY TO DISTRACT US

KEE@FSWMAG.COM
RYAN RODNEY REYNOLDS IS A CANADIAN FILM AND TV ACTOR, FAMOUS FOR PLAYING MICHAEL BERGEN IN '2 GUYS AND A GIRL', 'HILLSIDE' AND HANNIBAL KING IN 'BLADE'.

He is even for famous for marrying 2 ravishing beauties Scarlett Johansson from 2008 to 2011 and then dumping her for another sizzler Blake Lively who he married in 2012.

Ryan Reynolds.JPG
RYAN REYNOLDS LOOKING UBER-COOL IN SNAZZY TUX
Ryan Reynolds.JPG
THE ALL CLEAN-CUT CANADIAN BOY NEXT DOOR


What are your family’s Christmas rituals? Eg. Who does the cooking, do you have turkey, are you early risers on Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day  etc
These days, I do the cooking with my brother Terry. As kids, my mom used to do it but we feel like she’s put in her time so we can deal with it now. Usually, it’s at one of our houses so whoever hosts the event, is the one who’s cooking.

What is your ideal Christmas Day?
My ideal Christmas Day starts as early as possible, at 6am, and there are a million nieces and nephews, so it’s always amazing to see kids at that time. Kids who still believe in Santa Claus, watching them run down the stairs and see what Santa brought is magical, such an amazing experience. I don’t care who you are, it’s an amazing thing to watch.  There’s a siesta in the middle of the day, a little nap after all the fried food in the morning and then Christmas dinner! I love Christmas dinner.


What is the best present you have ever been given?
Well, I played rugby for years and I had a rugby jacket which I lost when I was 14. Somehow, my brother found it in a storage bin 15 years later and he gave it to me, around my 30th birthday. That was amazing to me and probably one of the best gifts I’ve ever received.

Do you hide gifts to keep them secret before Christmas?
There is no good place to hide Christmas presents, you just can’t do it. People always find them no matter what. In our house, growing up, with four boys they were hidden everywhere.  I think my father would hide them with the lawn mower because we never wanted to mow the lawn and would stay as far away from the shed as possible but we soon found out.

Do you like to surprise friends/family with gifts or do they know what they’re getting from you?
I’m pretty good at surprising friends and family with gifts. I tend to go towards the more sentimental side of giving. Less in terms of extravagance, I really think it’s better to touch somebody with something, it could be anything.  For example, my brother had a dog that he loved very much which sadly died of old age and so I had a beautiful black and white photo of the dog framed for him. It was a little thing but for me, that’s what Christmas is about – personal and heartfelt.


PROCTER & GAMBLE'S KEVIN LOBO, HUGO BOSS'S MENSWEAR BRAND AND CREATIVE DIRECTOR IS ASKED SOME QUESTIONS TOO
Kevin_Lobo_10-1-1.jpg
1. Buying someone a piece of fashion as a gift can be tricky – what are your tips for getting it right? Are there any particular items that should be avoided? Is there a failsafe option that will work every time?

A failsafe option is an elegant black cashmere scarf that works for both men and women.
Avoid any experiments in color – stay classic!
2. Are there any trends we should be looking out for this festive season? E.g. silks, satins, sequins, color palettes

Sophisticated tailoring as well as beautiful qualities, rich colors and refined attention to details are trends for this festive season. A three-piece suit in combination with a white shirt and black tie is a key message. For a more flamboyant style, I would choose an elegant evening suit or even a tuxedo in black velvet for i.e. a glamorous dinner party.
3. Do you have any tips on what to wear for different festive moments? What is a great outfit for a glamorous party / work party / evening with friends

For a glamorous party I would wear a chic, classic tuxedo, for a work party it would be an elegant three-piece suit with a peak lapel and when I’m out with friends I’ll wear a dark navy, soft constructed suit.
4. How can you transform an outfit with just a few simple tricks if you’re heading straight out to a Christmas party from the office? This could be accessories, shoes, swapping jackets etc.

In a BOSS Menswear suit a man is impeccably dressed for every occasion. Adding some accessories such as elegant patent leather shoes, a silk pocket square and a matching silk tie are a few tricks to put together a delicate look for a Christmas party.
5. When do you start thinking about key pieces for the festive season? Do you prepare far in advance or does this come later on in the year?

Since Christmas is celebrated every year, the outfit for the Christmas party as well as a few key pieces for the festive season should be selected in advance. I always try to be well prepared.
6. Do you think that men are generally more laid back when it comes to Christmas shopping? Do you agree that they leave their shopping until the last minute (Christmas Eve)?

I definitely agree, unfortunately, it’s always “last minute shopping” every year.
7. What is your Christmas style like? Do you dress up for Christmas day or is it a relaxed affair?

All the members of my family dress up for Christmas. My Christmas style is an elegant black evening suit with a white shirt and a silk pocket square and silk tie.

8. Do you have any shopping tips for guys in the run up to Christmas? When is the best time to go shopping? What should they be looking out for?


The best time to go Christmas shopping is as early as possible in the year. Beautiful presents are classy, timeless presents such as a high-quality, mechanical watch, a sophisticated fragrance like BOSS Bottled or exceptional jewelry. In the run up to Christmas the HUGO BOSS online store offers a wide range of gorgeous presents. Thus, you can avoid any pre-Christmas stress.





No comments: