Thailand Happiness Street Festival Thursday 24 July, 2014
Organised by: Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)
Date & Time: 25 – 26 July, 2014, at 15.00 – 24.00 hrs.
Venue: Ratchaprasong area: Ratchadamri Road linked with Rama I Road, Bangkok
CentralWorld Square, Parc Paragon, The Platinum fashion mall
Concept of “Thailand Happiness”: COLOUR YOUR LIFE WITH HAPPINESS
Join hands in disseminating smiley invitations from Thai people to international friends around the world and invite them to visit “Thailand: The Land of Smiles”.
Activities of Thailand Happiness:
1. Happiness Music; Well-known performers of modern and Thai folk songs will present “The Thai Way of Happiness”; such as, Da Endorphine, Palmy, Potato, Modern Dog, Ying Lee, Takkatan Cholada, Arpaporn Nakornsawan, and others, along with special effects, sound and light theatrics at the CentralWorld Square on 25 July 2014 from 15.00 – 24.00 hrs.
2. Happiness Street comprises of 4 activities:
2.1 Happiness Market
2.2 Happiness Surprises
2.3 Happiness Activity
2.4 Happiness Show Off
2.1 Happiness Market: Colourful fairs of trendy, popular products; such as:
- Vintage Shops & Hand Made Market: Vintage shops from the railway market, old record players, traditional grocery products, chic shop, Volkswagen parts shop, etc.
- Online on Street: Trendy online shops on Facebook and other websites will participate to present their products on the street; such as, Nine-TwentyFive Jewelry, Nook Atelier, IDK Just Fun, Guvnorstore, etc.
- Star on Street: Thai celebrities and TV superstars set up booths to sell products; such as, fashionable footwear, T-Shirts, green gourmet cuisine, boutiques, and Thai desserts.
- Food & Drink: Plenty of delicious Thai cuisine and beverages.
2.2 Happiness Surprises: Along the walking street, there will be two giant gift boxes which can only be opened by smiling participants. They will be invited to take photos and post it to the Instagram feed “Return happiness to Thailand”. After getting 100% energy of smiles, the boxes will be opened to find different surprises inside; such as, a chance to meet their favourite celebrities.
2.3 Happiness Activity: One of many activities to bring out more smiles. For example:
- “Connect to Happiness” will offer a free lollipop machine. Visitors can press a button on the smiley stand and lollipop will come out, but the smiley stand and the machine will go further apart. The next person waiting in the queue will need to find a helper to reconnect it, creating bonds and friendship amongst people who do not otherwise know each other.
- “Happiness Refill” taking photos at events, then hashtag on instagram #Thailandhappiness to get a chance to win plenty of cute souvenirs.
2.4 Happiness Show Off (Thailand Happiness Parades):
Parades to create an atmosphere of fun, happiness and Thainess, and generate made-for-social-media images for onward forwarding. The parades comprise:
• Thailand Happiness Caravan
• Thai Fashion Show
• Thai Cuisine to the World
• Visit Thailand, Go Everywhere
• Colourful Thailand
• Extravaganza of Thai Folk Songs
Thai style street show such as, Isan Drumlines (Thailand northeastern region), The Star’s concert, performance from Thailand Got Talent and Thai Smile show at Parc Paragon.
Programme at the CentralWorld Stage
Friday, 25 July 2014
15.00 – 15.40 Hrs. - Bands performance and Street Festival activities
19.00 – 19.15 Hrs. - Thailand Happiness Parade
19.30 Hrs. - MC welcomes the guests.
- Opening ceremony
19.50 – 20.30 Hrs. - Band performance
20.30 – 24.00 Hrs. - Bands performance
See more at: http://www.tatnews.org/thailand-happiness-street-festival/#sthash.NE1mHtot.dpuf