Saturday, March 10, 2012

DATO NANCY YEOH'S RECOVERY FROM UTERINE CANCER DUE TO PRAYERS AND PRINCE COURT HOSPITAL

KEE@FSWMAG.COM

SINCE STYLO STARTED IN 2007, I HAVE RELIGIOUSLY ATTENDED EVERY NIGHT DURING THE WONDERFUL WEEK AND HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE THANKFUL I DID SINCE STYLO FASHION FEST IS JUST ABOUT THE BESTEST ON PLANET EARTH AND MIND YOU, I HAVE BEEN TO PLENTY OF FASHION WEEKS AND FESTIVALS ACROSS THE GLOBE IN MY GLAMOROUS CAREER AS AN INTERNATIONAL, HIGH-PROFILE, WILDLY SUCCESSFUL AND AUTHORITATIVE JOURNALIST!

STYLO 2012 TOOK A DRAMATIC TURN DURING THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 28 FEBRUARY AS AFTER THE PAPERS WERE INKED, THE FOUNDER/PRESIDENT OF STYLO DATO NANCY YEOH ANNOUNCED SHE WAS SUFFERING FROM UTERINE CANCER!
pic 2 - STYLOFGP28thFeb.JPG
The signing ceremony; left Daniel Welk, Noraza Yusuf, Dato Nancy Yeoh, Roland Folger, Stuart Tomlinson, Soren Ravn, Hem Patel and Winnie Loo
pic 2 - STYLOFGP28thFeb.JPG
Dato Nancy Yeoh, founder/president/CEO of Stylo International and Roland Folger President & CEO of Mercedes-Benz Malaysia. No one suspected Dato Nancy Yeoh then was suffering from uterine cancer and was booked to enter Prince Court Hospital the next day for an emergency operation! She looked normal in her Versace track suit which she bought with me years ago.
pic 2 - STYLOFGP28thFeb.JPG
All signed, sealed and delivered and Dato Nancy Yeoh was ready to be operated for uterine cancer the next day! Left; Angelina Bong, Derrick Cheong, Daniel Welk, Noraza Yusuf, Dato Nancy Yeoh, Roland Folger, Winnie Loo, Soren Ravn, Stuart Tomlinson, Hem Patel and Singdy Yang.


As everyone fainted or felt like it, some sponsors who already knew about it, wept openly while stunned guests and members of the media gulped and could barely control the sniffles. When she discovered she had cancer, the first to be told were her family/relatives, sponsors and few close friends. But somehow the news spread. Said Dato Nancy Yeoh, "Word has been spreading that I am either ill, fled the country or dead. Well I am still alive and intend to stay that way! I will be checking into hospital tomorrow and prepare for the operation the next day."

Of course she told me 10 days earlier but I had not told anyone except Princess Becky Leogardo who did not breathe a word to anyone. I had been praying for her health to Buddha, Kuan Yin, Jesus Christ and Mother Mary. When I was in Bangkok on 24 February, I went to pray at the 4-Face Brahma at Erawan Shrine. I prayed at each Face at each of the four sides. I also went to pray to Ganesha, Trimurti, Indra and Vishnu whose shrines were all near each other and within easy walking distance. It took me all night but I enjoyed the prayer session so much! I even sent a prayer from my heart to Ruby Eye Buddha in Schwedagon Temple in Yangon, Myanmar. So I take credit on behalf of the gods for Dato Nancy Yeoh's recovery.

The operation at Prince Court Hospital---I can now reveal the name of her hospital---was a success. I went to see her in hospital to give her a tortoise jade pendant as instructed by Buddha Amitabha to extend her life as long as her son Alexander did not break it the way he broke the jade bangle I gave him on his birthday which he smashed within hours of receiving it!

In hospital, Dato Nancy Yeoh looked exceedingly glamorous as she had applied make-up and brushed her crowning glory. "Too glam to remain in hospital," she quipped. Though the operation removed the cancerous growth so huge it occupied her entire uterus, she was not out of the wood yet. On Wednesday she would know if that was the end of her ordeal or the beginning of another as the final tests would confirm whether the evil cells had spread or entered her blood stream.

So it was to prayers again to the Gods and Goddesses as I prayed that They deduct some years from my allocated lifespan to give to Dato Nancy Yeoh, same as I prayed to Them to do the same for my parents. So if I drop dead tomorrow, you know my parents and Dato Nancy will lead very long lives.

On Tuesday she sms me to say 'Negative! The report says negative cancer cells detected beyond the nymph nodes!"

My prayers answered!

Princess Dr Becky Leogardo also prayed and hair designer Louis even brought a retinue of monks to the hospital to chant prayers so credit must also be given to them. Lillian Too, world famous feng shui master and Tibetan Buddhist also conducted very powerful health and medical prayers to aid her speedy recovery. Lillian Too told me, "For some reason I felt rather close to her after I read about her illness in the newspapers. So I did puja for her over the weekend. We must have lived in our past life together!"

Lillian Too is very generous and has donated millions of ringgit in cash to worthy causes over the years as she is a staunch and practising Tibetan Buddhist. Her contributions towards the building of the world's tallest Standing Buddha in India, other temples and Buddhist projects are little known and that is the way she likes it. She once told me, "Nature abhors a vacuum so when you give away some of your money, mother nature will replenish your coffer! And usually more than what you gave away!"

Lillian Too is always a generous soul. I was once with her in San Francisco for her Feng Shui Extravangaza organised by her American World of Feng Shui franchise holders Peter Lung and his lovely wife Joanie Lung. We were at Saks Fifth Avenue department store which was next to our hotel The Fairmont which is the best hotel in Frisco. At that time, Gucci had just produced its iconic handbag with bamboo handle and there was only one available that had just come in. It cost US$ 2,500 which was pricey as the exchange rate was so bad then to the ringgit. When we returned to The Fairmont, Joanie Lung saw the bag and was admiring the new Gucci when Lillian smiled and said, "This is for you,"! I was shocked as I knew how much Lillian Too liked that bag. Joanie Lung refused to accept but Lillian Too insisted.

In my condo at The Palladium, greeting you as you enter is a smiling Standing Buddha which Lillian and her beauteous daughter Jennifer Too gave to me. Years ago Lillian Too brought into Kuala Lumpur nearly two hundred Buddha statues which she sold at near cost to her friends so they could invite Buddha into their homes for blessing. She kept a few for her home and office and this was one of them. I always look at it when I return home as this statue is the first blessed object I see when I open my door. His right hand is raised as a gesture of welcome home!

In my living room on a pedestal is a large bronze figure of Green Tara which Lillian Too gave me too. I was with her and Puan Sri Siew Yong Gnanalingam in a Chinese temple supplier shop in Petaling Street when I saw this great statue of Tara or the Tibetan Kuan Yin with lotus sprouting from each shoulder and right palm open. Lillian Too saw me staring nonstop at this statue as if mesmerised so she came for a closer look. Suddenly she said, "I will buy this for you as my gift to your home."

I was stunned as the price was RM 7,500 but the shop owner very kindly reduced it to RM 5,800. Lillian Too taught me a prayer to say daily and to change the water bowl daily. I must admit I fail to recite the mantra daily but I do change the water daily, partly because Dedione the French poodle drinks from it! But now and then I hold Dedione in my arms to pray to Tara and beg permission from her so he could drink from her water bowl.

Initially I used a small jade bowl I bought at Jade Market in Hong Kong but I felt it was too small and unworthy. At the posh and highclass Chinese Arts Emporium near Star Ferry in Kowloon, Hong Kong, I saw a gorgeous agate bowl carved with 2 carps inside! This was such a spectacular work of art as the two carps were part of the agate bowl and not carved separately and glued to the inside of the bowl. True enough, it cost a whopping RM 20,000!

But each time I wanted something for Buddha and Kuan Yin, they grant my wish. A week after I returned home, I wandered into a similar Chinese artifact store and was speechless to see an identical bowl! I even remembered the staff in Hong Kong saying casually there was supposed to be a pair but one bowl was sold by the carver/manufacturer/factory and if they were selling a pair, the price would have been HK $150,000 or RM 75,000 as a matching pair is always worth more than a single piece!

Well, the Malaysian version was cheaper at RM 12,000 but even so, it was a hefty price. I begged for a discount and the owner said something strange. He said he would consider provided he could see my house after the story I told him! I took him home and pointed to the statue Lillian Too gave me and my little jade bowl. To my astonishment, he said he would give the agate bowl to me free! Thank you, Paul!

This is the statue I go down on my knees every time I go abroad to pray for my safety, safety of my parents and friends and safety of my humble yet ostentatious abode.

Omitofu....
THE END

2 comments:

We Care India said...

The General Surgery Department at We Care partner hospitals in India consists of senior consultants who have trained and worked at leading medical institution in India and abroad...
asd closure surgery in india
Endometrial Cancer Surgery india
Herniated disc surgery in india
Robotic heart surgery India

We Care India said...

India have a lot of hospitals offering world class treatments for kidney stone at very affordable price
Best neurosurgery india
Bladder cancer surgery india
Robotic heart surgery India
asd closure surgery in india