Friday, March 30, 2012

STYLO 7TH NIGHT; MODEL SEARCH FINALS WITH F & F

KEE@FSWMAG.COM

FINALLY...THE FINALS OF MERCEDES-BENZ STYLO FASHION GRAND PRIX WEEK! I ATTENDED EVERY SINGLE NIGHT DRESSED TO KILL AND THRILL BUT DID I GET A REWARD AND TROPHY FOR LOYALTY AND DEDICATION AS SO MANY OF YOU HAVE ASKED ME? NO, SADLY. OH WELL, A PROPHET IS NEVER APPRECIATED IN HIS LIFETIME BUT THEN I HAVE NO WISH TO BE RECOGNISED WHEN I AM DEAD AND BURIED---I WANT TO BE RECOGNISED IN MY LIFETIME WHEN I AM STILL ALIVE AND KICKING!

SINCE SO MANY OF YOU, MY DEAR LEGION OF FANS AND ADMIRERS AND LOVERS HAVE ASKED IF I RECEIVED AN AWARD FOR MY FASHION FAITHFULNESS TO STYLO, PERHAPS YOU CAN SEND A SIGNED PETITION TO STYLO. JUST MAKE SURE THERE ARE AT LEAST A MILLION SIGNATURES FOR IMPACT.

Ditto for those who kept asking me that night why I was not one of the judges, considering I am the most authoritative fashionist AND modelista who is not directly involved in the fashion industry, do not own a boutique or run a model agency. Next time direct the questions to Dato Nancy Yeoh or her team since they were the ones who selected the judges. I was badgered by so many of you who told me I should be a judge and this was the same question I posed to Hem Patel, big boss of Tesco Malaysia which owns the F & F fashion collection that sponsored the fashion show. He too must have been asked a few times as he shrugged and merely said "No, I am not a judge" without giving any details.

The judges were Dato Nancy Yeoh founder and president of Mercedes-Benz Stylo Grand Prix, Roland Folger boss of Mercedes-Benz, Maggie Loo aka Queen Maker as she has groomed 20 Miss Malaysias, Cilla Foong the model agency owner, Bill Keith the Stylo Designer of the Year 2012 and top designer, Kavita Sidhu Malaysia's first supermodel, Winnie Loo of A Cut Above and Rozita Shuib. I heard some mean and nasty soul remarking "Why Rozita as judge? She no longer at Prestige what? De down and out so why put her there?"

Well, as he and his friends were standing near me and Rozita is a dear friend and fellow Kelantanese, I turned and snapped, "Hello, Rozita is now publisher of New Man! So she is back and bigger than ever!" See how people judge you the instant you are no longer holding a cushy, plummy job and write you off instantly? I learned this lesson when I was 22 so am now impervious to any snide remarks, direct insult or physical attacks with stones. See, back then I was editor Tete-a-Tete and later SHE, two small magazines. I was close to a cosmetic/skincare brand as I featured its products regularly.

Then I went to work in Hong Kong as currency trader would you believe? When I came home for a holiday I met her at a promotional event outside Metrojaya Bukit Bintang Plaza so I barged in. She greeted me colder than the Artic icebergs and said, "Sorry but this is only for the media." I was shocked speechless as she had written me off since I was now working overseas! Lucky I am now a freelance writer and cannot be retired and can continue to write till the day I enter my Swarovski encrusted coffin so none can write me off!

The stage at The Pool at Nihonkan was erected over the swimming pool so I fully expected the models in swimsuit during the finale to jump into the pool and swim a few laps! In fact, I even moved my front row seat (Stylo always so kind and gave me front row seats) a bit back so I would not get splashed.

Alas, there was no swim wear round as each of the 10 finalists modeled twice. It would have been so sensational and the talk of town and the entire fashion industry if the models had all jumped into the swimming pool in the finale! After all, Stylo is cutting edge and different. Also this was only possible as the catwalk was built over the pool and not on solid ground like the shows in Thean Hou temple and KL Tower.

I even thought one of the models might have taken the initiative and leaped into the pool for maximim impact which would have secured him or her a placing! None did which was a pity. If all the models had done so the roar from the audience would have reached Mexico City where the winner Loh tze Shian, 19, will be catwalking at the forthcoming Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.

Also I was thinking of the spectacular, stunning and sensational sight of all 10 finalists standing on the catwalk dripping wet with their F & F clothes clinging sexily onto their taut bodies as they waited to know the results! Even without swimwear and clad in normal day/casual clothes, the wet shirts, blouses, shorts and jeans sticking to the models' bodies like a second skin would have brought the roof down.

I think I better apply to style Stylo next year.

This batch of models did not overly impressed me nor most of the fashion folks. The top 3 winners won by arm's length and I chose all 3 correctly though I felt Julius and Justin were neck to neck but Justin won by a hair's breath as he was older at 22 and more articulate which must be due to his job as barista.

IMG_0680.JPG
Top model, actress and now fashion designer Kavita Sidhu, top blogger, writer and fashionista Kee Hua Chee and top socialite Princess Dr Becky Leogardo
IMG_0680.JPG
Now Kavita is looking at camera!
IMG_0680.JPG
Orange glory; well she is married to a Dutchman and orange is the national colour of Netherlands as the ruling monarchy is House of Orange
IMG_0680.JPG
Princess Dr Becky Leogardo, Dato Lew and Rozita Shuib
IMG_0680.JPG
Top hot models Niki and Atika who won Malaysia Ford Supermodel Search 2011
IMG_0680.JPG
I like the blue light on Niki's neck which makes her look radioactive
IMG_0680.JPG
The more models the betterer
IMG_0680.JPG
Note my golden pinkie
IMG_0680.JPG
For some bizarre reason, Soren Ravn of Carlsberg assumed that night was a Pool Party and brought his own shark!
IMG_0680.JPG
Soren the Shark?
IMG_0680.JPG
Soren, Kai's gf, Kai, Dato Nancy Yeoh, Roland, Dr Suzanne and Kavita Sidhu
IMG_0680.JPG
Same same
IMG_0680.JPG
Dax Lee, owner of The Pool, hus mum Pam and Princess Dr Becky Leogardo
IMG_0680.JPG
Pam Lee, Dr Suzanne Folger and Princess Dr Becky Leogardo
IMG_0680.JPG
Dax, Pam, Suzanne, Princess Dr Becky and Kee Hua Chee looking very glam and furry
IMG_0680.JPG
Still glam!
IMG_0680.JPG
Busty beauties
IMG_0680.JPG
Stuart Tomlinson of VISA, Princess Dr Becky of Manila and Cindy of Stuart Tomlinson's property
IMG_0680.JPG
Amin the top model and his gf
IMG_0680.JPG
Good looking pair
IMG_0680.JPG
Whata stunning black beauty!
IMG_0680.JPG
The black beauty is taller than me and should catch the first flight to London or Paris to conquer the catwalk! She is so stunningly black all over it is so fascinating! Beats Naomi Campbell flat!
IMG_0680.JPG
Wesley from Brazil
IMG_0680.JPG
Boy from Brazil!
IMG_0680.JPG
Models Seth and Hang Lung. At first I thought Seth was sweating buckets from the heat but the patches were part of his t shirt's real design
IMG_0680.JPG
Terrific 3some
IMG_0680.JPG
Top model and dancer Wei Sin and Kee Hua Chee
IMG_0680.JPG
His hair's up and Kee Hua Chee's hair down
IMG_0680.JPG
Wei Sin has unusual elfin features
IMG_0680.JPG
Wei Sin smiling sexily
IMG_0680.JPG
But this one's sexier!
IMG_0680.JPG
Right or not?
IMG_0680.JPG
Amira is her name
IMG_0680.JPG
Amira is from Kota Baru, my hometown
IMG_0680.JPG
Kelantan produces amazing talents, like Amira, Zang Toi and of course Kee Hua Chee
IMG_0680.JPG
Red hot in black
IMG_0680.JPG
Leg show!
IMG_0680.JPG
A bit of leg does wonders
IMG_0680.JPG
Two Kelantanese beauties
IMG_0680.JPG
We had to pose for other cameras too
IMG_0680.JPG
Amira and Kee Hua Chee
IMG_0680.JPG
One shows skin, one shows fur
IMG_0680.JPG
Dato Nancy Yeoh also showed some fair, flawless skin
IMG_0680.JPG
Hem Patel, boss fo TESCO Malaysia and Dax Lee of The Pool @Nihonkan
IMG_0680.JPG
Everyone's blue except Bill Keith

END OF PART 1; PRAY GO TO NEXT BLOG FOR F & F FASHION SHOW







No comments: